Wednesday 11 February 2015

Mayangone Post Office

Mayangone PO is located at 8 mile junction, near Hotel Yangon and Myaing Hay Won park.  It is grade 2 post office and its postal code is 11061.  Please click the link for the location on the map.

Mayangone Post Office

Interior panoramic view of post office
 
There is one post box outside of the compound, on the pavement.

The post box

The experience with this PO is very bad.  I had visited this PO on 13 January 2015.  The counter staff overcharged me for my mail.   When the mail arrives to me, I really amazed their attitude and spirit.  I sent two registered mail to my address to Singapore.  The post office staff stapled two envelops together and send as one mail, though they over-charged me.  The cover they sent to me is shown here.

Registered mail to Singapore (sent on 13 Jan 2015)

There is no registration mark, except hand writing RL number and its PO name, Mayangone in burmese script.   I had sent normal mail from this PO too.  Singapore post usually do not strike arrival postmark or delivery postmark.  But, for this cover, it was struck with arrival mark.  It took 10 days to arrive Singapore.

Ordinary mail to Singapore (sent on 13 Jan 2015)
The postmark of Mayangone PO is readable, but not in high quality.

Postmark of Mayangone PO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment